What is the ASDA Price Guarantee?
The ASDA Price Guarantee gives you the opportunity to check the cost of your comparable grocery shopping at ASDA and our main competitors, Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Morrisons and Waitrose (our Competitors).
If an ASDA Price Guarantee check (a Check) shows that we're not 10% cheaper than our Competitors on your comparable grocery shopping we'll give you a voucher for the difference. Guaranteed!
For a shop to be eligible for the Asda Price Guarantee, you must have bought at least 8 different items which are included in the Asda Price Guarantee, of which at least 1 item must be comparable to an equivalent item sold by our Competitors. If the total cost of the comparable item(s) in your shop isn’t at least 10% cheaper than any of our Competitors, we'll give you the difference by way of a voucher which you can redeem at any of our stores, or online at our home shopping website www.asda.com/grocery (our Grocery Website)
If a Check shows that we aren’t 10% cheaper than more than one of our Competitors, you will receive a voucher for the greatest difference.
How do you qualify to use the ASDA Price Guarantee
- Your shop (which can be in-store or online at our Grocery Website must contain at least 8 different items which are included in the ASDA Price Guarantee, of which at least 1 must be comparable to an equivalent item sold by our Competitors.
- Any item not included on our Grocery Website will not be included in the Asda Price Guarantee or count towards the minimum requirement of 8 different items.
- If you have bought goods in-store, you will need to wait at least WaitUntil before you can use the ASDA Price Guarantee. If you have bought goods from our Grocery Website, you may need to wait up to 48 hours from delivery before you can use the ADSA Price Guarantee
- Prices are updated on the ASDA Price Guarantee by 12pm each day (except in the case of Morrisons prices, which will normally be updated twice a week on a Wednesday and a Friday – see condition 16.2 below). If you perform a Check prior to 12pm, prices may not have been updated on the ASDA Price Guarantee yet. In exceptional circumstances prices may be updated after 12pm. In this scenario prices reflected on your Check will be the prices of the previous day.
- If the total cost of the comparable item(s) in your shop isn’t at least 10% cheaper than any of our Competitors, we'll give you the difference by way of a voucher which you can redeem at any of our stores, [or online at our Grocery Website] If we aren’t 10% cheaper than more than one of our Competitors, you will receive a voucher for the greatest difference.
How does ASDA Price Guarantee work?
- ASDA Price Guarantee is powered by independent price comparison site mySupermarket.co.uk.
- mySupermarket only compare like for like products (i.e. branded products that are identical or very similar own label equivalents). For very similar own label products mySupermarket ensure these products meet the same needs or are intended for the same purpose.
- The following products are not included in the Asda Price Guarantee:
Any products from the following categories:
All product comparisons made by mySupermarket.co.uk are believed to be correct. However, with so many products checked, on rare occasions there may be some inaccuracies.
- Home, Electrical, Furnishings, Garden, Entertainment, Hardware, Sports, Toys, George, Kiosk (including Tobacco, Newspapers and Magazines), Jewellery, Pharmacy, Optical, Fuel, Photo-processing, Dry Cleaning.
- Infant formula product (suitable from birth)
- Any products which are sold in our stores but not on our Grocery Website.
- Any products (or services) from any of our other websites.
- Any products which are sold in stand alone petrol filling stations (i.e. those which are not connected to a store.
- Any products which are not sold by us (for example because they are sold by our concession or white label website partners).
- Any products which we cannot fairly compare because of factors outside of our control (for example because a competitor has changed the way products are displayed on its website and mySupermarket has to change its technology to capture pricing information about such products).
- Any item carrying a "Whoops" label in ASDA (displayed as “reduced” on your till receipt) will be excluded from the ASDA Price Guarantee as “Whoops” discounts are store specific and do not apply throughout all of our stores or on our Grocery Website.
- We operate a fair use policy, so if you've bought the same item multiple times, we'll only count a maximum of 10 instances of each item in any one Check. Similarly where items are sold by weight, we’ll only count up to 10kg of the item in any one Check.
- Checks for online orders from our Grocery Website, are based on what you ordered, not what we delivered. (sometimes we may need to substitute items that are unavailable).
- Where we can fairly include a promotion in the Asda Price Guarantee, we will. However, multi-buy offers where the individual prices of any of the products included in the offer are different, offers such as Buy 'X' Get 30p off 'Y' and any other types of offers which make it difficult for us to make a fair comparison, are excluded.
- We believe that our Competitors prices are correct. However, we check so many prices that on rare occasions there may be some inaccuracies.
- Checks are based on prices correct as of date of delivery (online shoppers) or date of purchase (in store customers).
- The ASDA Price Guarantee system is updated daily (with Tesco, Waitrose and Sainsbury's prices) and twice weekly (for Morrisons’ prices).
- We obtain price data for the ASDA Price Guarantee as follows:
- mySupermarket independently collect prices (except Morrisons) from daily web scans of the Tesco, Sainsbury's, Waitrose and ASDA grocery home shopping sites.
- Morrisons prices are collected in-store (by an independent agency) twice a week (Monday and Wednesday), and therefore unlike Tesco, Sainsbury's and Waitrose, are only updated twice per week (Wednesday and Friday respectively).This means that Morrisons prices checked may be up to 7 days old. Morrisons prices are collected in a representative sample of stores each week around Great Britain.
- Prices are taken from the shelf price label for each product in Morrisons; if any product is sold out, then we'll still use the shelf price label if visible. If however a product has a price marked on it, then the lowest price will be used for the comparison.
- mySupermarket have audited our process for collecting Morrisons’ data , and will only include comparisons that they are confident are accurate.
- Where prices and promotions are found to be different across stores or across website postcodes sampled (in the case of ASDA, Tesco, Sainsbury's,Waitrose and Morrisons), the most commonly occurring price is used.
- When an item goes out of stock on our Grocery Website or a competitor’s, the Asda Price Guarantee will display the last price for up to 7 days, after which the product will not be compared (“N/A”).
- mySupermarket regularly review and update the lines included in the ASDA Price Guarantee based on what is ranged and in stock at each supermarket.
- The difference in price shown on your Check between the comparable items in your shopping at ASDA and the other relevant supermarkets will be the total price for all comparable products in the basket/trolley.
Checks and vouchers
- If you have shopped in store and performed a Check which entitles you to a voucher, we will give you a voucher to use in store. It will not be redeemable at our Website. If you have shopped on our Grocery Website and performed a Check which entitles you to a voucher, we will give you a voucher to use on our Grocery Website. It will not be redeemable in store.
- You can only perform a Check up to 28 days from the purchase of your shop. Online customers can only compare your most recent homeshopping order.
- Once claimed, vouchers for online shops may take up to 7 days to credit your account on our Grocery Website.
- You can only perform Checks online via the website: http://www.ASDA.com/priceguarantee
- Any household can only claim 10 vouchers in a calendar month.
- We will never issue a household with more than £100 of vouchers in a calendar month.
- If your claim will take you over the £100 limit per calendar month, you'll receive the balance to bring you up to the £100 limit.
- Before we issue any vouchers for £15 or more, we may check that they have been accurately calculated. You accept that there may be a delay of up to 7 days in us issuing vouchers for £15 or more.
Redeeming your voucher
- All ASDA Price Guarantee vouchers must be used within 28 days of the date they are issued.
- In-store vouchers are not valid unless presented with the related receipt. Photocopied receipts will not be accepted.
- You can use as many vouchers as you want in a transaction with us (including other types of voucher that we accept).
- Vouchers cannot be redeemed at stand alone petrol filling stations or for transactions with the third parties who operate our in-store concessions. Vouchers cannot be redeemed against the following items and categories: Kiosk (including Tobacco, Newspapers and Magazines), Fuel, Lottery, Gift Cards, Mobile Phone Top-Up Cards, Infant Formula, Optical and Prescriptions.
Limitations and exclusions
- If a customer has performed a Check, received a voucher and then returned one of the items that was part of the Check, the voucher will be invalid.
- If a voucher has been redeemed from a receipt, the value of any refund given due to the return of an item on that receipt will be offset against the value of the redeemed voucher.
- We may withhold or refuse payment and/ or withdraw or suspend the ASDA Price Guarantee (or any part of it) at any time without notice where we suspect fraud, or where vouchers have been incorrectly calculated
- ASDA colleagues are entitled to use this service. All price comparisons will be made after the colleague discount has been applied where a colleague discount card has been used on your shop.
- We can change these terms and conditions at any time without notice. Any changes will be posted on this page.
- We may withdraw or suspend the ASDA Price Guarantee, (or any part of it), at any time without notice.
Comparison Calculation Examples
- Your comparable grocery shop is £55 at ASDA, £50 at Tesco, £57 at Morrisons, £64 at Sainsbury's and £71 at Waitrose. Tesco are cheapest.
- Your comparable grocery shopping is £5 cheaper at Tesco.
- 10% cheaper than Tesco's £50 comparable grocery shop is £45. So in total you'll receive a voucher for £10.00 to ensure your comparable grocery shop is 10% cheaper at ASDA.
- Your comparable grocery shop is £100 at ASDA, £105 at Tesco, £130 at Morrisons, £125 at Sainsbury's and £135 at Waitrose. ASDA are cheapest, however not 10% cheaper.
- 10% cheaper than Tesco's £105 comparable grocery shop is £94.50. So you'll receive a voucher for £5.50 to ensure your comparable grocery shop is 10% cheaper at ASDA.
Please click here for Terms and Conditions for the £ Off £ bonus.
- Your comparable grocery shop is £100 at ASDA, £120 at Tesco, £125 at Morrisons, £125 at Sainsbury's and £135 at Waitrose. ASDA are cheapest.
- In this case your comparable grocery shopping is already 10% cheaper than Tesco, Morrisons, Sainsbury's and Waitrose.
- So you won’t receive a voucher in this scenario.